Friday, July 9, 2010

Five Question Friday

From http://www.mylittlelife.blogspot.com/

1. What is one food you could eat everyday?

I agree with Hannah, it's pasta.  My mom used to make this YUMMY dish with butter, garlic and some parsley.  It was to die for!  I still can't reproduce it to taste exactly the way she made it taste.  I know it's simple, but wow is it good!

I must admit, I also love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!  I make my own, homemade version of mac and cheese too.  When I'm out I often order chicken parmagiana, mostly for the pasta that comes with it!  I also can appreciate more "gourmet" dishes like one I make with chicken, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.  I could eat it everyday in one form or another!

2. Are you working in the career you thought you would be when you were 18?

When I was 18, I was doing a double-major in pre-med and music.  My parents always encouraged me to do whatever I wanted to do in life.  God bless them.  I always wanted to be a mother, but I also wanted to be a medical doctor.

Then, I really became interested in playing music in high school.  I played clarinet for 9 years.  So, I figured I could handle being all 3 (mother, musician AND medical doctor).  There were many reasons that I didn't get good enough grades in college to get into med school and I realized I couldn't be a very dedicated musician unless I practiced...way more than I wanted to!

So, I set my sights on becoming a therapist.  I got my psychology undergraduate degree and completed my Masters in Marriage and Family Counseling.  My career right now is being the best mother I can be and staying home full-time with my kids.


3. What is something that you wish you would have done when you were younger and you didn't?

I can't think of a single regret in my life.  I feel very blessed that I can say that.  I suppose if I had applied myself more in high school, I wouldn't have had such a hard time in college since my study habits would have been sharper.  I tried to get involved in too many extracurricular things.  However, it's a hard choice to make because you want to have a good background for your college applications, too.  Very tough!


4. What color are your kitchen walls?

They are 1/2 off-white and 1/2 red (if you don't look too closely at the splatters I'm constantly wiping off).  I love country design.


5. Do you remember what your very first favorite song was?

I actually do!  It was The Night that the Lights went out in Georgia  Yes, the one that is sung by Vicki Lawrence of Carol Burnett and Friends and Mama's Family fame (and yes, it's about a murder).  What can I say?  I liked the tune and I was only 5 years old!  I vividly remember drawing a picture with my crayons of my older sister's radio from whence it came!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had gone into college with better study habits too. My freshman year would have been more successful.

Stopping from Mom Loop!

Post a Comment